Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Big Hairy Audacious Goal

August 8, 2012      Big Hairy Audacious Goal          Judges 7-11

Scripture. The Lord said to Gideon: “You have too many people on your side. If I were to hand Midian over to them, the Israelites might claim credit for themselves rather than for me, thinking, We saved ourselves. Judges 7:2

Observations.  This is the scene where God whittles Gideon's army down to 300 dog lappers.  This reading also includes Jepthah's daughter, who is made a human sacrifice.  Clearly not of God who's spirit had come on Jepthah's before he made any promises about sacrifice.

Application. We must set Big Hairy Audacious Goals that can only be accomplished with God and point to God.

Prayer.  God, I am leading this congregation at a time of refocusing our priorities and goals.  Help me as you helped Gideon to be audacious and to make sure you have the credit. Amen.

1 comment:

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog